Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Review of Pacsafe Pick-pocket proof bags

ACCICB and I tried the Pacsafe bags, wallet and neck pouch at the airport DFS and found them to be exactly what we were looking for. It has all the features such as RFID, slash proof material, zippers that can be locked which is difficult to be accessed by anyone but yourself. My first purchase was the wallet and I was so impressed with it that I bought the neck pouch and bags in a second purchase. 

Source: Pacsafe's website

I find the black Pacsafe Luggage Coversafe 75 Neck Pouch  useful but it sticks out so its still visible despite wearing two layers (a tee and a sweater). I think the reason why it sticks out is because of the strap as you can see in the picture below.

Front flap seals with velcro


Inner compartments

However, I still wear it as a multiple prong approach since I keep some money here and there everywhere around me to maximize my safety. I heard that some people just wear it on their back but I feel even weirder doing that. It has 3 compartments and there's a velcro to secure the main pocket. It can fit a passport and has a zippered pocket which makes it extra secure. 

I love the black Pacsafe Walletsafe 100 though as it can fit nicely into certain ski pants, cargo pants and jeans pockets as well as into my Pacsafe bag.


The long metal chain with a turn and lock security hook can be easily attached to the jeans loop or belt look or to the keychain loop within my Pacsafe bag.

The all important metal chain with turn and lock security hook

Plenty of space for cards

Two separate compartments for dollar bills which comes with a zipper for extra security

Velcroed inner compartment

Zippered coins compartment

It has plenty of compartments for cards, cash, coins etc so I can't even imagine how I used to travel without it! I must say that I lost my wallet years ago when I was in Sydney for a holiday and it was absolutely a nightmare which I do not wish to ever relive it again. 

The black Pacsafe Luggage Slingsafe 250 Gii handbag is so good that I use it on a daily basis even when I'm not travelling.
Front overview

Front pocket with zip

Front pocket's zip disappears into its zip sleeve!

Turn and lock thus its super difficult to unclasp the bag

Zipper for main compartment gets extra security boost

The zips are wonderful as you can hide them in its zip sleeve (front compartment) or lock it up (main compartment). The two key features are the turn and lock security hooks and the smart zipper security which really makes this an excellent pick-pocket proof bag!

Main compartment with pockets for phone, passports etc

The bag is water-resistant and I kinda like the green interior as it makes a nice contrast to the black exterior. It is soft and lightweight so it's quite nice to snuggle up to! However I find that the keychain loop gets stuck quite frequently into the zipper which is a problem for me. I've to be really careful when I zip up my bag.

For me, I shorten the bag strap such that the zip is next to my chest so that it's super close to me! It also fits a iPad mini at best. It has an excellent inner pocket and this is the place to keep your mobile safe and free from prying hands. 

ACCICB loves his black Pacsafe Luggage Venture Safe 200 GII (Medium) bag and it has become his everyday bag rather than just using it for traveling.

Front overview

Back overview

He didn't quite like the strap though because it's not padded like mine and is rather thin and hard. At first he complains that it cuts into his shoulder but now he's used to it and the strap has been more worn in, so he's a happy user.

Front pockets fit pen, passports etc

Main compartment fits your tablet etc

For his bag, you can fit a regular iPad, a phone and there are separate compartment for maps and pens.

The zipper puller locks!

The best feature I felt is the zipper puller locks which are impossible to reach and open even when he's the one doing it. I have to help him with it at times and even then I take a while to get it undone!

I must say that Pacsafe bags and accessories are a godsend but to me it is not sufficient so in the next post, I will be reviewing on money belts on your belly, for your legs, zippered socks and what not which I've used and am very pleased as they have provided me with an excellent peace of mind which to me is priceless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment