Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Review of Beauty and the Beast Musical in Singapore

ACCICB and I went to watch Beauty and the Beast musical at MasterCard Theatre at Marina Bay Sands last Tuesday. It was a truly magical experience and at least 3/4 full on a weekday evening! 

I find Gaston a really funny fellow and enjoy the comedic parts. Belle was such a lovely singer and the Beast was truly like one...he showed how he hasn't interacted with a human, lest say a lady for years. 

I can't quite remember how much it resembles the original cartoon fairytale as it has been many years for me. Snippets such as the dance, the rose, the song Tale as Old as Time, all the crockery and cutlery coming to life in a dance as well as the other characters such as Mrs Potts, Cogsworth etc I have a vague memory of them.

ACCICB told me he has never watch led Beauty and the Beast when he was a kid... I wasn't surprised and was happy that he enjoyed the musical tremendously. It has been our 3rd time watching a musical at MasterCard Theatre, the other two being Tap Dogs and Cats.

My only grouse is that somehow their voices get kinda lost when they sing and it's not as clear and lucid as when I watch it in New York or London. I think it's the theatre itself and wish they would fix it somehow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment