Thursday, April 16, 2015

Review of The Clever Travel Companion Pick-pocket Proof Clothes

Last year, ACCICB and I visited many countries and that was where I started researching on travel safety and pick-pocket proof clothes, inner wear, bags etc. This was our first time travelling to NYC, London, Paris etc and we wanted to ensure that we are properly equipped with pick-pocket proof clothes amongst other items. 


I chanced upon The Clever Travel Companion and promptly bought a tank top, tee, thermals and undies for myself and a V neck tee for ACCICB. They are a wonderful respite from money belts and neck pouches which can be visible if you don't layer up. 

Money belts made ACCICB's tummy hurt like hell as it was constantly pressing against his belly. He was rather pissed with wearing a money belt to say the least and just gave up after Day 2 of the trip. I also bought us Pacsafe bags, zippered socks etc which I will review in a later post.

Below are some pictures which I'll update later on when I receive my 2nd order! These are just some of the clothes that I own since last year and they make me feel safe when I'm out and about in a foreign land. 

Comes in these clear plastic bag with a zip at the bottom

The tees are true to size but the tank top, undies and thermals run small so you would have to buy at least 1 size up. The clothes are well made and came quickly and were packed in a nice plastic bag. I bought grey as it's easy to match but have gotten some black ones in the upcoming order!

In terms of prices, I think they are affordable and seriously worth every penny since peace of mind is what I want when I'm travelling. It costs the same as any other tee or tank or undie out on the market without the pick-pocket functionality so I would pick these instead! 

Tank and Tee (S) and Undies (M)

They wash and dry quickly but I recommend to get at least two each so you don't have to keep on waiting for them to dry. In fact, I was prompted to write this post because I just bought more clothes from them for both of us yesterday. This is in anticipation of going to Italy or to NYC in summer this year.

Like many others, I wish there are more colours but the basic colours are fine with me. I think that this is one of the best investments one should make before embarking on any holiday! 

2 comments:

  1. You might also want to look at Scottevest. I bought their vest from the US and I lurve it so much... So many hidden pockets! I live in Singapore so getting it shipped is really a problem for me. In the end, I go my relative in the US to help. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have Scottevest which I bought from ThinkGeek online! I bought a trench coat from them which is amazing but I didn't post the review :)

      Delete